How to remove tempo worklog from activity stream?

korotichas September 14, 2020

Hi, we use tempo plugin and it shows in activity stream all worklogs. I tried to filter it by username, so it didn't work. Any suggestions how can i hide it from stream? We use jira cloud.Screenshot_2020-09-15 Тестовый дашбоард - Хоппер ИТ(1).pngScreenshot_2020-09-15 Тестовый дашбоард - Хоппер ИТ.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

@korotichas - if you're a Jira admin, impersonate the Tempo Timesheets user, then access a random issue (like AT-1566 in that screenshot).

View the source for the page, then search the HTML for "ajs-remote-user". That value is what you can filter against. Example: <meta name="ajs-remote-user" content="tempo-timesheets">

korotichas September 20, 2020

Thanks! Can you also help me how to impersonate Tempo Timesheets user? Can't find any settings for it.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

Depending on your admin permissions, you can look up the user in https://admin.atlassian.com then choose "Log in as user".

korotichas September 21, 2020

That is the problem, i can't find any mentions of tempo among our users in admin panel. Where it can be else?

Alexander Eck [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

Hi,

it is not working that way. All Tempo worklogs are logged as the "Tempo Timesheets" user. This is not a user in that sense with an Atlassian ID. It is an user behind the Tempo Timesheets app.

There might be some workarounds on how to remove the Activity stream as awhole project wise or per user group but that is outside my scope. You might want to look into this thread.

BR

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

@korotichas - Alexander is right in that Tempo worklogs are captured by the "Tempo Timesheets" user, behind the app. I installed Tempo Timesheets in a test Cloud instance but couldn't figure out how to excise an ID from the Tempo Timesheets user.

I reached out to Tempo support to see if they have a way to query for the user ID of their system user (IF one exists). If there's no ID, there's no way to filter unfortunately. If there is one, I'll share it here when I find out. 😊

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

@korotichas - heard back from Tempo, and unfortunately it's not possible for us to pull user IDs from their system user "Tempo Timesheets", making the filtering out of time logging impossible. 😟

korotichas September 22, 2020

Oh, what a pity :( Thanks a lot for your answer!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

I'll direct Tempo here so they can see our struggle. :T

Hope this isn't a major inconvenience for your team!

korotichas September 23, 2020

Thank you, it would be great!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

I shared the link with Tempo support :)

2 votes
Richie Zhu September 23, 2020

Hey folks, there is an idea in Tempo's Idea portal regarding hiding Tempo worklog information in all JIRA Activity streams: https://ideas.tempo.io/ideas/T-I-348

Please feel free to vote/comment on it in order to get notified when its statuses change. :)

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2020

Voted! 🙏 Thanks for the heads up! 

Jan Lukas Kühnemund June 7, 2021

Thanks for sharing!

0 votes
Franz L_ February 23, 2021

Not a sustainable solution, and you maybe filter away actions, you would like to see. But I was so annoyed from the TT users log entries, that I added this filter rule: 

[Activity] [is not] [issue edited]

Overkill, but TT is silent now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events