How to remove an organization

Mobile-APP1 March 11, 2022

Hi,

I had accidently created an organization and i don't see an option to delete the organization. Can anyone help me remove it?

Thank you

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Hi @Mobile-APP1 , please see this article - remove-an-organization-from-a-service-project . to remove from the site see this article- delete-an-organization-from-a-site 

Project delete...

To remove organizations from a service project:

1. From your service project, go to Customers.

2. Select an organization from the list by clicking its name.

3. Select Remove from project.

The organization is removed from the project, but still exists on your site.

Site delete...

To delete an organization from a site:

1. From your service project, go to Customers.

2. Select an organization in the Customers list.

3. Select Delete organization.

Thanks for your reply. I would like to move the organization. Is it possible to move the organization to another account in jira?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

There is no manner of doing this and I don't understand the use case. Maybe you are wanting an easy way to import customers into an organization? If so, in the new instance/project create the Org then use a CSV list of customers and paste into the add customers window.

Gabriela Cavalcante July 21, 2023

I'm trying to delete two of my organizations that I created by mistake, I've already tried deleting all their products as requested, but this message keeps popping up:

Captura de tela 2023-07-21 191301.png

Translation: Your organization has products that you need to remove before deleting it. If you recently removed products, please try again in a minute.

So I've been trying from time to time and this message keeps popping up.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

Hi @Mobile-APP1 ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

As a project Admin, you need to click on the organization and you will find "Delete organization" button

organization.png

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to move the organization to another account?

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

you're welcome. Unfortunately, you can't!

Oh, that's unfortunate.  

Will the support team be able to help with moving the organization

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2022

Try to open a request to Atlassian support team.

0 votes
Miriam Hopton February 21, 2023

Question for anyone: once you remove the organization from a project, do you have to add everyone back manually? We started our ServiceDesk by adding users to organizations but realizing we need to remove it. 

What I am trying to avoid is having the task to re-add everyone back to a project after removing the organizations.

Suggest an answer