How to reduce time in "Time Tracking" automatically without logging

faisal Almosallam November 27, 2022

Hi all

Can I have the system do automatic logging under "Time Tracking" based on the start/end dates, assuming man hours = 6h a day.

I don't want to rely on my team members to update work done every day, instead system should do it automatically as time pass

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2022

Mmm, if you're going to log time automatically like this, then why are you bothering to log time?  

faisal Almosallam November 29, 2022

What is happening is, I assign development to one resource for 2 weeks, so why each day resource has to log work, when they will work on it anyways

My point is to not chase people to log in work

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2022

I second @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 's comment.

However, if you must do this, Automation for Jira has a Log Work action, so technically it could be done. You would need to devise a rule that would run periodically and select the issues against which time needed to be logged and then log the time. However, the Log Work action does not allow you to specify for whom the work is being logged.

Suggest an answer