Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to query for related issues?

I want to writed a query that will display all the issues that are related through a JIRA relations ship e.g. "splits from" or "related" so that i can create a confluence view showing it. 

e.g. issue I-123 is related to I-224 and I-229 I want the query to be based on I-123 but retreivew the other two issues.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra Community Leader Sep 12, 2018

Hello @Daniel Park

Please see here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-functions-reference-764478342.html#Advancedsearching-functionsreference-linkedIssueslinkedIssues()

Find issues that are linked to a particular issue via a particular type of link:
issue in linkedIssues(ABC-123,"is duplicated by")

IN your case , replace "is duplicated by" by "splits from"

I am trying to pull the defects which are linked Issues

project = FSR AND issuetype in (Defect, Bug) and issue in linkedIssues("issuekey, is related to")

but I am not getting the report which I am looking. could help me on this?

I got the answer: 

project = FSR AND issuetype in (Bug, Defect) AND issueFunction in hasLinks("is related to")

Thanks.

Sorry similar question - I have 1 parent JIRA ABC-1 and I have 5 other JIRAs related to ABC-1 - I want to see a list of all JIRAs related to ABC-1 - tried var JQL and can't seem to get it to work. Any suggestions?

It's  ok I figured it out and found the right JQL thanks

Lillian, could you post your solution? I am trying to solve a similar issue. I want to go backwards though - find ABC-1 in relation to any of the other 5 issues.

Lillian

Can provide the query you used?  I'm looking for a similar way to display epics that are related inward/outward

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

951 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you