How to pull in Child Issues by Parent Issue Type / Project (Advanced Roadmaps)

Elif Alverson March 30, 2023

Hello, 

Is it possible to pull in Child Issues by Parent Issue Type / Project (ex: pull in all child issues of Super Epics) in Advanced Roadmaps? Thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Rob Geritano March 14, 2024

I am trying to do the same however the answer provided by @Najm Polaris  does not address the question at least for me.  The answer is a basic parent child query.  

I am looking for help with creating a query that will pull a list of issues that have a specific parent "issue type" so I can create a filter and add to a report.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2024
0 votes
Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2023

Hi @Elif Alverson

Yes you can view all the child issues under it's parent by using JQL. Use the "advanced issue search" under the "Filter" tab and run the JQL. Select the "Parent" field from the more button and select the parent issue from the list. [Link]

You can also use the epic filter at the top of the Roadmap to filter the epics. That epic can be expanded on the board to view the child issues. 

download (1).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events