How to provide workflow edit permission to Project admin

Anuradha Yadav December 15, 2020

Hi Team,

We have request for a project workflow change. I being JIRA admin unable to provide the project admin permission to edit the workflow shared by a single projrct. Please helpp ASAP as its critical need.

Reagrds,

Anu

2 answers

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Hi @Anuradha Yadav 

It is not available on Cloud. I suggest you vote this issue.

Regards

Thanks @Tansu Akdeniz ,

I saw the link you provided of the issue. It's bad actually we can not provide the permission.

Regards,

Anu

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Hi @Anuradha Yadav  - if the project uses the Simplified Workflow created with the project, then a Project Administrator should be able to modify the workflow. If the workflow is shared with other projects, then it can only be edited by a Jira Administrator. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-the-simplified-workflow/

okay let me check on this.

image.png

I see it is shared by single project but still Project admin is unable to edit it

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2020

Did you follow the guidance in the link I sent? For Simplified workflows the the Project Administrator actually modifies it through the board settings. 

Oh sorry.. i didn't login as Project administrator. Now i see the board settings option available for the project administrator.

I will ask the project administrator to edit via board settings. Thanks

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events