How to provide extra volumes to Jira DC on EKS

Javier Barrio May 24, 2023

Following Jira DC EKS Chart  to add additional volume to handle attachments for a Jira cluster inside EKS, it seems there's a typo in additionalVolumeMounts, which needs a '- name' key instead of 'volumeName'.

So far this example, after adding a -name key, still doesn't work (of course PV/PVC has been created and tested beforehand):

additional:
- name: "shared-home-attachments"
persistentVolumeClaim:
claimName: "jira-shared-home-attachments-pvc"

additionalVolumeMounts:
- volumeName: shared-home-attachments
mountPath: "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/attachments"

This fails with this AWS EKS error on the StatefulSet:

create Pod atlassian-jira-0 in StatefulSet atlassian-jira failed error: Pod "atlassian-jira-0" is invalid: [spec.containers[0].volumeMounts[3].name: Required value, spec.containers[0].volumeMounts[3].name: Not found: ""]

If I change this to be:

additional:
persistentVolumeClaim:
claimName: "jira-shared-home-attachments-pvc"

additionalVolumeMounts:
volumeName: shared-home-attachments
mountPath: "/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/data/attachments"

then the StatefulSet doesn't fail, but fails on the pot itself:

Unable to attach or mount volumes: unmounted volumes=[shared-home], unattached volumes=[shared-home-attachments shared-home kube-api-access-vpsbs local-home]: timed out waiting for the condition

If I remove this additional volume from the chart configuration, the deployment works great and I have a single-pod Jira DC running.containers

Would you be so kind to provide a working example to add a volume to host attachments? And if possible, does additionalVolumeMounts support 'subDirectory' setting like plugins/libraries do?

Thanks.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events