How to order a query by last active sprint

Heiner March 29, 2023

I have a filter/query showing a list of all issues in status done ordered by sprint.

But some issues are assigned to more than one sprint and then the first assigned sprint is used for sorting. But I want to order by the last assigned sprint.

My query:

status = 'DONE' AND Sprint is not EMPTY order by Sprint DESC

Ordering by "Updated" does not work as sometimes old issues are updated.

Result: Issues completed in Sprint 70 are mixed with issues completed in Sprint 69.

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Heiner,

welcome to the community!

Have a look at this question: Put simply, you'll need to get ahold of an issue's last sprint. To do so, you could either use Jira Automation to extract the last sprint and write it to a separate custom field, or consider a solution from the Atlassian Marketplace; e.g., this would be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira:

last-sprint-v2.gif

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Oday Rafeh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Heiner

Try this please : 

status = 'DONE' AND Sprint is not EMPTY ORDER BY Sprint DESC, updated DESC
Heiner March 29, 2023

As mentioned in the question, I cannot order by Updated as old issues are sometimes updated.
The result list is better ordered that way. But not perfectly ordered.
An issue started in Sprint 20 and completed in Sprint 70 in the above example will never show up on top of the list.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events