How to notify user when a specific sub-task's status changed to done

Rob C September 10, 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to automate our onboarding process as much as possible. Part of this is working with automations.

Currently there is automation set so that when the issue moves to its next workflow, it will create a bunch of sub-tasks within that issue and assign the subtasks to their relevant assignee. One of the sub-tasks is "create g-suite account" and is assigned to me. This works. So far so good. 

Now I'd like to set up a rule or automation which will email a specific person once the status of "create g-suite account" changes from "to do" to "done". Regardless of the other sub-tasks. I have tried multiple variations of triggers, jql queries and whatnot, but was never successful. 

Can you guys help? I'm slowly loosing it. 

Thanks,

Rob

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2020

Hi @Rob C ,

Created and tested the following with no issues, if it's not working for you could you show what the audit log is saying?

Capture.PNG

Rob C September 12, 2020

I feel so dumb right now. Looks like I was stuck in a rut and overcomplicating this beyond belief. 

Thanks Michael. Really appreciate your help.

Rob

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2020

Happens to me more than I care to admit! Glad to hear it's working, I'll go ahead and mark this post as resolved.

Michael

Like Kathleen Mort likes this
0 votes
Jerrod Van November 1, 2023

@Michael Andolfatto for some reason i dont see that transition symbol in Jira, I only see "if" .. im trying to do the same thing OP is trying to do 

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2023

Hi @Jerrod Van , did you get this working? If not, which version of Jira do you use, DC or Cloud?

The condition is just called 'Issue fields condition' which is a simple comparison of a field with one or more values.

Jerrod Van November 14, 2023

yes its working

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events