How to notify me when only epic issues was created?

spavlovpravo November 1, 2017

Hello, friends!

I want to receive some notifications (by email or any others) when anyone creates issue type of epic.
May be there is any extra configuration for this in settings area?

4 answers

3 votes
Domenico Manzo _Actonic_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2017

There are a lot of ways to receive this information. The one of the simplest solution:

1. Create and save new filter with JQL:

created > -15m AND issuetype = Epic

2. Create new Filter subscription:

2017-11-01 11_04_30-Filter Subscription.pngMore about Filter Subscription: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html 

How simple! Great! Thank you! :)

Mauro Radaelli June 22, 2023

Thank you for the tip,

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

No, they're issues, like any other, as far as notifications are concerned.

But you can do it. 

• Copy the workflow you currently have for Epics, so that you have a new one just for Epics. 
  • Associate that workflow with Epics in the workflow scheme. 
  • Go to Admin -> Issues -> Events, and add a custom one called something like "Epic created"
  • Go to the Epic workflow and edit it
  • Look for the "create" transition's post functions
  • Change the "fire event" post-function to fire "Epic Created"
  • Save the edited workflow
  • Go to the project's notification scheme and change who needs to get the "Epic Created" email (you probably want to add in everyone who currently gets "issue created" as well)
0 votes

I've done it! :)

I just create web hook for slack with this configuration. Turned out better than I expected!

2017-11-01_16-12-06.png

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2017

Hi Sergey,

I have seen 3 way to solve your request:

1. You can use this plugin for faster customise notification

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/server/overview

1.1. You need set jql query like "issuetype=Epic and project=A"

1.2. Then click action notify about this created event.

2. You can set post function in your workflow for Epic, send notification.

I hope this manual will help you https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/configure-a-custom-event-notification-for-a-specific-jira-workflow-transition-or-status-720831525.html

3. If you have scriptrunner you can write own listener or post  function with super cusomisation for crated epic .

Have a nice day! 

Cheers, 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Awesome plugin! Thank you! I'll try it! 

Suggest an answer