How to move stories in a Sprint automatically to Done, when sub-tasks are moved to Done?

Sanal George
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2019

In SCRUM , when I move a subtask to Done, the parent story does not automatically move to Done status. There is a 'Move to Done' button, which we have to click to move the story to Done. 

Is there are way this can be done automatically, when all the sub-tasks are moved to Done?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

You will need an addon for that to automate this. Have a look at Marketplace...some suggestions to consider: Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, Automation for Jira.

Sanal George
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2019

Thanks Jack. Is there any other alternative like modifying the Workflow of Story and Sub-tasks? It used to work before, but unsure that changed.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

hmmm, i may be mistaken. i surprised that you indicate it used to work. let me have a closer look.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2019

so, i did a bit more research and found this document pointing to Miscellaneous workflow extensions. you might have a look at that. still it is a paid addon. maybe there is another way. but no time to dig further at the moment. 

Suggest an answer