How to move jira service management ticket to a another project?

Patrícia Gomes February 8, 2022

Hi!

I need to automate urgent jsm bugs by moving to the development project.

Is it possible, through automation, to move a jsm ticket to a specific project and board?

thank you for your help!

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

I would recommend not doing that.  Issue move is for genuine mistakes and housekeeping, it's not something you should be doing as part of a process.

Between some types of project, it's not so bad, but moving issues out of a JSM project is not a good idea - you lose the request it is associated with, making the customer think you've deleted their request.

"Create development item as a result of a request" is best done by using the "create issue in other project and link" function.  That way, the developers can use their process as normal, the customer still has the request, and the developers can see where it came from and update either end of the link.  Click on the "link issue" icon first, to get the area where links are shown, and look at the bottom of it for the create/link button.

Patrícia Gomes February 9, 2022

thanks for the tip!
It makes sense.

Thanks

Steven Lees-Smith May 12, 2022

Would people be worried that if the JSM request was built using the new Forms functionality then that data wont carry across and you would have to flick back and forth between the linked issues.

Kees Bloemendaal October 15, 2022

New, so I need more support on this. The suggested solution, does that mean: TRIGGER: new issue, THEN: CLONE - {{issue.summary}} into an other project, AND link to newest issue?

Kees Bloemendaal October 16, 2022

sorry, that was automation. and that was not suggested! I found the way to clone and link within the issue.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Hello @Patrícia Gomes 

Welcome to the community.

Jira Automation doesn't currently support moving an issue with a single "move issue" action. You have to clone the issue then delete the original. Refer to 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/move-an-issue-to-another-project-using-automation/

As for putting it "on a specific board", a board is just a way to view issues and the board is based on a filter. If the new issue is within the scope of the board filter, then it will show on the board.

Patrícia Gomes February 8, 2022

thank you for your help!
I'll try it this way

Suggest an answer