How to modify Time to first response?

Muhaimin Karim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2022

Hi,

In the service desk project, some of the assignees couldn't resolve the issue within the SLA determined time. However, I want to change the First Response Time to maintain the SLA time limitation. I want to modify the time the assignee responded to those issues for the first time. I want to modify this Date and Time 16 Apr 10:40 AM.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

if you are asking about recalculating SLAs, while you can do this for open issue by updating your SLA rules this will not modify the SLA for any Done issues. If an issue is moved to Done with a breached SLA it will remain breached in accordance with the rule at the time it closed.

Michael Hart January 21, 2022

To confirm I understand your answer:

1. SLAs are in a misconfigured state
  2. Various tickets are opened and some are resolved over a period of time
  3. SLAs are re-configured to correct state under project settings
    1. Tickets that are currently open or created in the future will display correct SLA metrics
    2. Tickets that have already been resolved/done/closed/etc. will not have their SLA metrics recalculated

Do I have that right?

It seems bizarre to me that the system would have all of the information to recalculate those metrics, but just...wouldn't, you know? I wouldn't be surprised if there is a reason for it, it's just frustrating to hear if that is indeed the case.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

@Michael Hart , yes your #3 is correct.

I suspect the thinking here is that when an issue is closed the SLA has a final calculation based on the then current SLA configuration. So in fact, the SLAs for those closed issues are correct at the time of closure. For any issue that is still open you would want the new SLA configuration to apply. At least this is how I see it and I suspect is the same logic that the Atlassian development team considered. 

Like Michael Hart likes this
Michael Hart January 21, 2022

@Jack Brickey, Ah, I see what you mean. If a company updated a contract or whatever, with new SLAs yeah they might want to see the "old" and the "new" metrics. Arg!

Well, thank you for the answer. I had been trying to figure out what I did wrong to keep the metrics from updating. Now it makes sense why nothing I was doing was working! :)

Suggest an answer