How to migrate all the data from JIRA to SharePoint Online?

Tarun Simha Reddy April 9, 2021

Hi,

Anyone please tell me a way to migrate data from JIRA to SharePoint Online?

And also please share any API if available to migrate the content.

Or any tools that are available to Migrate the content.

Thanks in Advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

Yes, there are lots of ways to "migrate", but we can't begin to talk about them until we know what you really want from a migration.

Jira is an issue tracker, used for tracking stuff that needs doing

Sharepoint is where documents go to die (This is a description I've stolen from a recent client who uses Sharepoint the way most people do)

The point in those descriptions is that Jira and Sharepoint do totally different things, thye solve different problems and hence have totally different data structures.

There is no "migrate" from one to the other, you have to transform both your data and your processes.

So, to get started, we need an explanation of how you are changing (and ideally, why, to help frame everything).  Or, to be blunt and technical "what are you trying to "migrate" here?"

Tarun Simha Reddy April 11, 2021

Its a new requirement for my client. They need to migrate the data regarding the tickets in Jira... They have about 2,00,000 tickets and counting. So they asked to migrate the data to SharePoint and they may use MS flows in SharePoint to trigger the data.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2021

I'm afraid repeating "migrate" as an answer to "what data processing does your migration  need to do?" is not really going to get you any further.

Could you explain how you expect the data to be processed into a shape suitable for Sharepoint storage?

Suggest an answer