How to mention user via account id

Egor Prishchepin June 17, 2022

Syntax like that doesn't work [~accountid:Identifier]

4 answers

0 votes
King Kholi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 25, 2023

Itz_anshi_121 I'd ka password chahiye 

0 votes
MW June 17, 2022

This one works for me - it automatically mentions the assigned user when it's moved to a certain status (like "hi @MW there is a task ready to be deployed"):

[~accountid:{{issue.fields.assignee.accountId}}] 

Doesn't work for me for comments and ticket description.

Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 09.23.34.png

Marcin Wiktor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2022

Are you trying to add this smart value by yourself? Maybe that's the reason it doesn't work.

Try to put a comment like this using automation - I use literally this smart value and it works:

Bez tytułu.png

Bez tytułu.png

Egor Prishchepin June 20, 2022

so, but in y case i need to add it by mysefl, and it worked ;) 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hi Egor,

Why have you placed the word Identifier at the end? What are you trying to see? 

i placed there the unique id of user

i try to mention a person using this AccountID

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

But what is the field you are using it for?

i paste this info into the description of the ticket

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

But who is it the accountID for? The Reporter? The Assignee? Someone else?

Someone else, any of the jira users

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

You can't just stick a random user's ID in the description. It has to be related to something. 

so, i used this construction [~accountid:Identifier] and it worked before "new experience" of jira

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Sorry, but I am not receiving enough information so I cannot help you further. 

if you try to mention anybody via @ you can find in History "code" of this operation, and i used revers of this option to mention users by Automation.

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 16.39.54.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

This is an example of code you can use in a mention for a comment.

[~accountid:{{issue.assignee.accountId}}]

yes, i tried, but it's not working, and that is the problem i can't resolveScreenshot 2022-06-17 at 17.15.56.png

also if i try to look at the History, i found that i got i extra backslash there, i guess it isn't allow to work correctlyScreenshot 2022-06-17 at 17.17.59.png

this text is converting to plaintext but not as a jira code

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2022

Why are you doing the mention in the description and not in the comment field? 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2022

Hi @Egor Prishchepin , are you using this in Automation? If not where and why?

yes, i do.

we prepare markdown template for ticket creation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events