How to mention a group / user in automation?

Wilson Seow February 23, 2022

Hi does anyone knows how to mention a specific group or user in the comment area while running automation?

I know I could indicate assignee and reporter, but that's not the case for me as I want to create an alert to notify the team when a ticket was not assigned/updated

3 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2022

Hi @Wilson Seow 

I don't know if you ever got this fixed, but you should use [~accountid:{{issue.assignee.displayName}}]

0 votes
acam July 29, 2022

Hi @Wilson Seow , you can find a detailed explanation about how you can mention a specific user in the autmation: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/What-is-the-smart-value-to-mention-user-group/qaq-p/1528633?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*

But for the groups, looks like there is not a way without a third party plugin. At least, I couldn't find.

0 votes
Wilson Seow February 23, 2022

I guess i was wrong, when i put it {{issue.assignee}} it returns a line of characters instead of the assignee name...any idea what I did wrong? 

Bhanu Prakash Ketha October 5, 2022

To tag the reporter / assignee:

Assignee - [~accountid:{{issue.assignee.accountId}}]

Reporter - [~accountid:{{issue.reporter.accountId}}]

To tag a group of user, one workaround is to create a alias user that refers to a dist list of users that need to be notified.

Like Marcel Valeriano likes this

Suggest an answer