How to make tasks appear in different teams

Maria Elena Montúfar Christensen April 19, 2023

We are a UX team and have "UX" as a project with a roadmap, backlog, active sprint etc. But most of our work is done in collaboration with other projects/teams and they have their own active sprints.

We want our tasks to be visible in our UX sprint and the team we collaborate with. 

We want to avoid the double work of creating the UX task in our collaboration sprint team and duplicating it in our sprint.

In summary, a Jira task appearing in both the UX project/team and the collaboration team/project.

Is that possible?

1 answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Maria Elena Montúfar Christensen , welcome to the community and thanks for your question.

I have understood you want to manage the tasks for your team which can come from different projects. Is that correct?

If so, I think you could do this by amending the filter query for the board where you are working. A board can have a query that shows issues from multiple projects. It is just that, most of the time, Kanban boards, for example, are set up for a specific project or objective.

If you go here, from the Active sprint -

image.png

Here, in the General settings, you can amend the filter query for what is shown in this board / sprint to include also any tasks with a label of UX, or however you are determining the work your team needs to do -

image.png

Please can you give this a try and give me your feedback? If this isn't what you wanted or I misunderstood, please just write again and either I or someone else will try to help.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events