How to make a task a task created through automation have a certain status?

Светлана Оскотская September 1, 2022

Good afternoon! I want to do automation when moving from one specific status to another specific status so that a new task is created. And I need this task to have a certain status. How can this be done? Has anyone done something similar?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Светлана Оскотская and welcome to the community!

You could do something like this:

• TRIGGER: Issue Transitioned
    • Your From Status
    • Your To Status
  • ACTION: Create Issue
  • BRANCH (Created Issues)
    • ACTION: Transition Issue
      • Select your desired transition state for the created issue

the catch is that you can’t choose the status that you need :)

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

I'm not sure what you mean.  Are you saying the status may be different depending upon business logic or that you have a prohibitive workflow that won't let you go straight to that status?

When I automate a transition from one status to another, a new task is created. I need the status of this task to be not the first status in the workflow, but another one. For example, not "Open", but "Design".

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2022

What I proposed in my answer addresses this.  Once the issue is created, it will be Open, but then the rule immediately branches into it and transitions it into the desired status (Design).

Thanks a lot! I have no idea how I will implement this yet, since I am new to Jira, but I will try))

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events