How to make a Change Log table for a Jira Cloud Project?

tiagoPiresENG August 31, 2022

Hello everyone,

I would like to know which would be the more efficient way to make a change log for each project that we are managing... We already use the activity streams for each ticket, but we need to be able to see and analyze these changes in a table, this way we can filter what itens we are interested and would not need to go from one ticket to another gathering/looking for this info.

Does someone had already worked on something like this? Or have any insights on better ways to solve this?

3 answers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2022

Hi @tiagoPiresENG 

It's possible to create a change log table for the list of issues. The case you've described is the reason why our team developed Issue History for Jira. The app helps to create the report you need. Just add any standard or custom field to the grid's columns.

Here is an example of how it looks:

assignee activity in jira.png

There is 30-days free trial, so you can check if it can help you.

0 votes
Carla Ann K. Rowland November 14, 2022

If you have JIRA Automation tool-- create a rule to gather all updated issue for day and send email.

If you do not have JIRA Automation tool then create a filter with all necessary columns and subscribe. ( If you have JIRA Automation --- soon to be integrated then a scheduled email could be sent out at end of day; or put filter results  on Dashboard or confluence page). 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @tiagoPiresENG 

Welcome to the Community!!

I would not recommend doing that, since if an Organization has to grow they have to look at the big picture and not what's happening at the issue level right?

Being said that, each issue has its own history section to track the changes that happened over time for audits or any records. JQL is there for you to search/filter the issues.

Is there any specific requirement you are trying to achieve by having to look at the changelog of the tickets?

Let me know

Thanks

tiagoPiresENG August 31, 2022

What our team needs is just to have a table with each row being a update made on a ticket. The columns on the table would be useful information for our audit, such as who made the update, what changed on this update, when it happened, which products are affected by this ticket, the priority and of course in what ticket has this change happened. We had a table somewhat like that before migrating to the cloud and now we are willing to make it again, but we will need a new method.

That being said how do you think we could use JQL on this matter? We haven't tried using it yet I think.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events