How to list all Issues in Epics with FixVersion?

Deleted user December 14, 2018

I would like to run a query that gives me all Issues in Epics where the Epic has a FixVersion set to X. How to do that?

For example, I would like to be able to do something like:

project = AAA and type in (Bug, Story) WHERE FixVersion of Epic Link = X

The use case here is that I need to update the FixVersion for a number of Epics, as well as all the Issues inside those Epics. Right now it is very slow as I would have to do the following:

1) project = AAA and type = Epic and FixVersion = X

2) for each item returned in the above Query, manually perform: type in (Bug, Story) and "Epic Link" = blah

3) apply bulk FixVersion update to all Issues returned in step 2

4) repeat step 2 and 3 for each item returned from step 1

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

"Epic link" = Epic-key and fixVersion = name

0 votes
Kevin Nelson February 28, 2022

I Know this works for one fix version

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion = 'xyz' " )

I am trying to do this for multiple fixversions, that is; I want to create a swimlane showing all issues in epics related to fix version a, b and c. 

Can anyone help with the JQL?

Edit: It is as follows

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion in ('versionX', 'versionY', 'versionZ'")

Kevin Nelson February 28, 2022

Edit: It is as follows

issueFunction in issuesInEpics("fixVersion in ('versionX', 'versionY', 'versionZ'")

0 votes
Albert April 16, 2020

Hi Henry, did you manage to formulate that query? I'm trying to achieve the same.

Deleted user April 16, 2020

Hi Albert, no I have not been able to do that directly out of the Jira UI. I expect this can be done through scripts but I just haven't invested time into doing that yet.

Albert April 16, 2020

I managed with this:

issue in issuesWhereEpicIn("fixVersion = PI6_SelfCare")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events