How to link an issue to another issue via a shared Asset via Automation?

George Tsemberlis March 31, 2023

Hi there! 

I'm looking to accomplish the following, let's say there's two projects "Technology" and "Technology Service Desk".

When a request is submitted in the Technology Service desk, the customer selects an asset object. This asset object has an Epic reference living in the Technology project.

I'd like to link the request in the Technology Service Desk to the Epic in Technology using the asset reference.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

To link the request in the Technology Service Desk to the Epic in Technology using the asset reference, you can follow these steps: 1. Open the request in the Technology Service Desk that needs to be linked to the Epic in Technology. 2. Select "Link issue" in the top right corner of the page. 3. Choose the type of issue link (e.g. "relates to") and then search for the Epic issue that you want to link to in the Technology project. 4. Once you find the Epic issue, select "Link." 5. After the link has been created, the Epic will be shown as a linked issue on the request in the Technology Service Desk. Please note that the Epic link data is important to maintain in Jira, so you may want to consider moving the affected issue types to the base level of your issue hierarchy instead of linking the Epic as a linked issue.

George Tsemberlis March 31, 2023

Hi, this isn't what I'm asking. I know how to link an issue manually, I'm looking to accomplish this via Automation with the above "route". 

To clarify when i say "asset" I mean an object association in Assets.

Suggest an answer