How to link a Confluence page to a next-gen Kanban issue ?

Youyou September 27, 2018

Hi everyone,

We setted up Jira and Confluence in my company to take care of our project driving and documentation needs. 

I discovered a few days ago the next-gen Kanban board, and I really like the easy configuration and clear rule management it offers.

Yet, I'd like to link a paper we made with Confluence in an issue, but I can't find out how. It feels strange that you can add a google drive, a dropbox and a giphy attachment to an issue, but nothing from Confluence...

Is there a way, using the next-gen Kanban, to link a page from Confluence to an issue ?

Thanks for your time !

Yohann

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2018

To be clear you don't link a Confluence page to Kanban which I'm guessing you know. I think you are asking where do I go to add a link in the new detailed issue view that appears in the Kanban board.

This is currently not available in the new view. I know Atlassian is aware and have been provided feedback (I was one of many that notified them). I would recommend you click the  feedback button and let them know you need this capability.

Youyou September 27, 2018

Indeed, a link is what I need.

Thanks for the answer, I'll hit that feedback button !

L P November 17, 2018

Wow, what a surprise. I am evaluating Jira and Confluence and also like the Next Gen. But now I see I have to stay away from that. I can't believe that Confluence integration would not be the first thing to address.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2018

IMO I wouldn’t place that as the first thing to address among all the current limitations with NG. We have a ton of functionality with Classic projects today and I understand and am a fan of taking an MVP/agile approach to delivering new architectures. NG will continue to get better and Atlassian seems genuinely interested in feedback so we as users have a chance to contribute to the roadmap, which is nice. Of course this is just MO and I could be wrong. ;-)

Like Joseph Dworcan likes this
Alex F November 20, 2018

We need this feature too. I hope it will be available after some time.

Like # people like this
Alejandro Hernández Cruz December 6, 2018

Need this! Help 😖

Adam December 6, 2018

Also a chime in that our firm is looking for this as well. 

Like sven jakelj likes this
Bryan Gintz January 28, 2019

+1

devpartisan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Please vote and comment on JRACLOUD-69973.

Arash Khodadadi April 26, 2019

We have the same issue.

0 votes
Michael Lichtenstein March 7, 2019

How do you leave out such a basic and important piece of functionality by not allowing user to link to confluence pages or other resources required to complete or work on an issue

0 votes
Parker Higgins February 21, 2019

Seriously, we need the Linking functionality from "old" Jira. It's insane to have to look through comments for tickets, confluence, and/or weblinks associated with the ticket/epic. 

0 votes
Hans Wurst January 14, 2019

Really? No LINK possible???

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2019

you can paste the link in a comment.

0 votes
Krista Schepis December 20, 2018

I'd like to see this as well.

Suggest an answer