How to improve estimation

Khurshid Akbar August 23, 2011

In other tools tasks have 3 estimates, original, actual and remaining, this way the scrum master can guide team members if they are over or under estimating effort. Is there a way of doing the same in Greenhopper?

Thanks

Khurshid

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2011

Those fields happen in Jira and are drawn into Greenhopper as part of the plugin. Make sure you have time tracking enabled and are using the original estimate field to begin with, then you'll see the estimates on the card, and your burndown charts will guide your estimating efforts.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2011

Yup. Admin -> TimeTracking -> enable. This enables it for all projects in Jira. But that does not mean you have to use it in all of them. If you use field configurations, you can hide the "time tracking" field and your projects with that scheme won't do it any more. Similarly, you can leave it off screens, and then users won't be able to put things in.

0 votes
Khurshid Akbar August 23, 2011

Thanks Nic, as you mentioned that I have to enable time tracking on, I am new at this company and Jira I have used MS Team Server Foundation in past. Is time enabled in Jira or greenhopper and would it affect all projects or we can do it for our project.

Thanks

Suggest an answer