How to identify duplicate Issue Type Screen Schemas?

Steve M December 13, 2020

Hello,

I have 12 Issue Type Screen Schemas that are called "<project code>: Kanban Issue Type Screen Scheme". They are presumably all duplicates and I would like to consolidate them so that these projects use a single Issue Type Screen Schema.

How do I confirm that they are indeed duplicates? I would like to ensure that I do not remove someone's Issue Type Screen Schema if it is not a duplicate.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Hey Steve,

What I would do is start by creating a common Issue Type Scheme that has the issue types that you want to use on a project. Then go to the project settings for each project one at a time and compare what is already there with the new. If they line up or the new one is better than the existing, then simply replace the existing scheme with the new scheme. 

Once you have made a pass through the projects, you should have a good set using the same scheme. It will be worth the effort to cut down on maintenance and confusion. 

Then moving forward, I would create projects based on existing projects where you can so that all of these "duplicate" schemas don't get created. The new projects will simply use the shared schemes when the project is created. 

Steve M December 15, 2020

Thanks John,

I have just finished making that first pass and things look more manageable. My plan now is to define logical groups of projects with identical needs and amalgamate every project in the group to use the same configurations so that as you say it will be much easier to manage in the future.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Steve M December 13, 2020

Looking at the issue closer, it appears that I need to start at the bottom of the hierarchy for duplicates. So I need to identify duplicated screens, then screen schemas then duplicated issue type screen schemas. 

So my question would be how do I identify duplicate screens, duplicate screen schemas and duplicate Issue Type Screen Schemas. 

Suggest an answer