How to hide a checkbox from a custom filed if another field is Yes?

Ana Dyer March 21, 2019

Hi! How to hide a checkbox from a custom filed if another field has a certain selection? Is that even possible? Do I need to write a script with groovy? We are currently using JIRA 7.11. 

customfieldA = Yes

customfieldB = 4 checkboxes ( if customfieldA = yes{ only show 3}) 

Thank you much,

Ana

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2019

Hi @Ana Dyer ,

You can certainly do it using ScriptRunner Behaviour function but your requirements need to slightly change.

ScriptRunner Behaviours can't change the elements inside a Custom Field say manipulate certain checkboxes but rather the Custom Field itself, either you can hide or show it.

You have to separate the choices into different Custom Fields if you want to use Behaviours.

--

An alternative solution is to have a JavaScript solution and attach it in the screens where you want to hide certain fields and elements with flexibility.

I have used JSIncluder add-on before and implement a complicated solution by either hiding and showing certain elements in the fields example will be the Multi-level select field.

Ana Dyer March 22, 2019

Thank you, @brbojorque! I will try one of the options you mentioned.

Suggest an answer