How to hid completed Epics in the "EPICS" side view in the backlog

SHACHAR HAR-SHUV June 23, 2021

jira_issue.png

In the backlog there is a side view of Epics that enables you to filter by epic. Unfortunately, I also see completed epics there. This will make the list unmanageable very fast as lost as they are many completed epics. 
I tried setting a "Not done" filter but this seem to only be applied for the tasks under the epic. 
Any solution or configurable way to solve it? 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

You need to set the"epic status" to done. This is not the same as the issue status.

2021-06-23_12-29-42.jpg

I did...:

Capture.JPG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

nope... What you are displaying is the"issue status". You must set the epic status to done.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @SHACHAR HAR-SHUV 

To add to what Jack suggests...  Please look at the epic panel on the backlog, select the down-arrow at the right of an epic, and then select mark as done.

Best regards,

Bill

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 10.11.59 AM.png

Like SHACHAR HAR-SHUV likes this

Thanks!
I totally missed that. Very confusing. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL