How to have visibility of several projects?

michelfilho May 23, 2023

Hello everybody. I need help structuring my projects.
I currently have a project called "management", where I want to have visibility of all my team's projects. Each project is related to an area of the company (development, customer success, sales, etc) and in each project, we have their respective activities.
I researched how to have this macro view of all tasks in the areas (mainly in timeline format, to monitor the team) and I didn't find any solution.

What would be the best format/configuration so that I can have this visibility? If necessary, I can recreate all the projects.

2 answers

0 votes
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

@michelfilho 
Advanced Roadmaps would be the best option for that. I just checked, you can include Service Management project tasks in the views as well. I would go with this, you can create many different views, it's really good tool for overviews.

If you are unable to use Advanced Roadmaps, you could create a bunch of filters and use them on dashboard gadgets to build an overview.

As @Trudy Claspill  mentioned, there is also an option to find an extension from the Atlassian Marketplace.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hello @michelfilho 

In Jira "Projects" are containers for issues. Issues exist in only one Project at a time.

What type of Projects have you created? Depending on the Jira products for which you are licensed you may have Software and/or Service and/or Business/Work Management projects. You can see the type of each Project from the View All Projects screen.

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 12.29.55 PM.png

The different types of projects offer different functionality. Business projects offer a Timeline view, where Software projects instead offer something called Roadmaps. Software projects offer Scrum and Kanban boards, where Business projects offer a simplified Kanban-like board.

With the Standard plan there are not native features to give you a timeline view of multiple projects. You could look at upgrading to the Premium plan where it is possible to use Advanced Roadmaps to view multiple Software projects. You could also explore portfolio/project management third party apps that are available in the Atlassian Marketplace to see if those could give you an overarching timeline view of your multiple projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events