How to have in the rapidboard the global/release burndownchart in Scrum ?

Lionel Champalaune August 22, 2012

I didn't find a good way with the RapidBoard to show the global state of the project.

The perfect view will be a global/release burndownchart (not based on a sprint but on a version)

Ideally I would like to give either the start date, the end date and if the tasks are not already identified at list a start global estimation (either in story points or in orginal estimate time).

A release burndownchart would help the PO and the team to see if at the global view the project is going well.

On this kind of chart it can be interesting to see appear the sprint frequency just to say the release will be done in N sprint.

Does someone see a way to do that or at least do you have suggestion to see the global/release view ?

Thanks

Lionel

nb: I did use the classic release board but using it imply to have the entire task of the project estimate at the start date, I will prefere a global value for the "macro"estimation

1 answer

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

There appears to be an exisitng User Story for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-2895

At this point, I believe we are waiting on the GH team to "whip it up."

Lionel Champalaune September 4, 2012

Thanks Tyler but the User Story you gave concerned the chartBoard which doesn't seem to evolve.

My question was more about the RapidBoard.

Suggest an answer