How to group projects ?

Oded Tali March 27, 2024

in our organizarion each project manager handles a few customers (customer= JIRA project)

I would like to be able to generate reports (in dhashobards or EazyBI for example) which will provide data for all projects under specific team / Project manager 

what would be the best practice for it ?

2 answers

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Oded Tali

How you create the report in eazyBI would depend on how you choose to group the projects.

With "Categories", eazyBI can already use the "Category" hierarchy in the Project dimension, where all Projects are grouped by their category.

If the Project Managers are specified as the "Project Lead" in Jira, you can create a custom hierarchy in the Project dimension to group Projects by their lead - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/custom-hierarchies.

Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Oded Tali 

One default way of project grouping is to use project categories. However, it only allows single level grouping. For example, you can create Customer Projects, Internal Projects etc. Or create Project categories with customer names.

Add, assign, and delete project categories

Alternatively, you can create a special issue type such as Project Card and create one card issue in each project. Then, you can simply make JQL searches to query which project has which data.

Alternatively, you might take a look marketplace add-ons such as Projectrak, Metadata for Jira etc that provide project attributes. 

Oded Tali March 27, 2024

Thanks @Tansu Akdeniz  

can you elaborate about the Project Card idea ?

If I have 1 ticket / issue in each project how can I JQL to get all tickets related to ALL those projects?

Suggest an answer