How to get support when you can't login!!

Derek MacNeil September 13, 2023

We did a residency move last night and now our authentication is broken.  I can't sign in to any Atlassian services (not even support to create ticket).  How can I contact support?!!

1 answer

1 accepted

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2023

Hello @Derek MacNeil

Sorry you're experiencing issues logging in. Do know there is a current incident related to logins. More info may be found at https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/

If you're still having issues after the incident is resolved please let me know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Thank you Stephen.. this makes me feel better.  I did check the product status page (couldn't see anything about problems with log in there).  Maybe just a coincidence with the residency move.  We will wait until the general issue is resolved first.  Very much appreciate your response!

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

All working again!!  WHEW!  Thanks again!

Doug Rutherford September 13, 2023

I can confirm it's back up as well. But the original question is still valid. How can we contact support to report login problems when submitting a ticket requires a login? 

The old email support@atlassian.com doesn't work anymore, and even this forum requires a login to do anything other than read.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2023

Hello @Doug Rutherford 

This is a great question, If you're unable to access your account and need to contact support we do have alternative methods. One is Community, as you're aware of. Another is our contact form located at https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing#/

From the above form, you can submit a non-technical support request in the event you're unable to login to your account. Please be aware that this method may not have the same response time as a technical support request.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Thanks for the answer. I tried the Community approach first, but found that a login was required to post / reply / like. That's why I had to wait for login to be fixed to add to this thread. However, maybe there's a way to do so without login?

The purchasing / licensing contact form will work however. I'll remember it for future use. Hopefully this will be a rare issue.

Regards,

Doug Rutherford

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2023

@Doug Rutherford 

I hear you on the login issue blocking you from posting. We don't have an available option to post anonymously within the Community. While I see the benefits from your use case, it would allow spammers and bad actors unlimited access to post without authentication which would not be a great experience for y'all.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Fair enough. I just spent some time this fine morning trying to figure out how to contact you guys while not able to login and was getting blocked at every turn. I suspect that was a common problem for others today.

The purchasing / license contact form, while not ideal, should work assuming they don't just redirect me to the support page. Consider the question answered!

Same here.  Bit of a panic.  I tried creating a native account outside of our IDP so I could sign in and administer if this happened again (or our IDP or config surrounding that failed) but that didn't work.  After a few minutes of trouble shooting I had to move on.  Will revisit another day.  This forum saved me from more panic.  :-P

@Derek MacNeil - I think you were lucky and had an active forum session or something otherwise you wouldn't have been able to log in here either. At least I wasn't. Glad it's resolved though.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events