Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to get sum of the custom field value for one issue type

Hi all,

I have the custom field called ‘Number of Reads’ and associated with ‘user inter’ issue type. I created number field called ‘Avg.No.Reads’. I need files value based on the following formula.

Avg.No.Reads= Sum of Cf for issue type/no.of issue that ‘Number of Reads not empty of issue type.

Example1- when issue type have 3 issue have the custom fields values like 1,5,6 then ave.no.reads is 1+5+6/3=4.

could you help me how can I achieve this through scripted field. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Kumar

1 answer

Hi @kk4065896,

I'm not sure if a custom field is the right tool for the job, as every custom field value is  stored "on" a particular issue, and I wouldn't know what issue you'd want to store the "Avg.No.Reads" on? 

For a completely different direction, if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you could generate your result with just a few clicks in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issue that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting and filtering by all your issue fields, including custom fields. You can also group your issues (e.g., by issue type), and calculate sum-ups across these groups of issues (e.g., the average). So what you could do is,

• create a so-called sheet in JXL that includes all your "user inter" issues,
  • add the "Number of Reads" field to your sheet as a column, and configure it to use the average for sum-ups,
  • enable sum-ups for your sheet.

This is how it looks in action: 

avg-custom-field.gif

(As it seems that you're on Jira Server: While JXL is not listed for Server on the Marketplace (since Server is discontinued, new apps can't list on the Marketplace anymore), it is perfectly compatible; it's just that we need to generate a trial license. Just let me know if you're interested and I'm happy to generate a free trial license for you.)

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events