How to get sum of a custom field after running a filter

Yiu Lau March 30, 2023

We have a custom field "Quantity". We would like to have a chart/table on the Dashboard that display the sum of this field. In this chart/table, we will run a filter like this (X component AND a data range AND user Y). For example, total "Quantity" labelled with this Component completed in 2023 Q1 by user Y.

We have no issue writing the JQL filter, but we can't figure out how to display the sum of "Quantity" on the Dashboard. Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Yiu Lau

welcome to the community!

If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you might like the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including the ability to group your issues by any issue field(s), and calculate sum-ups across these groups of issues. With this, you can easily build a view like this one:

quantity-report.gif

You can view and group by any other issue field, too. You could also easily narrow down your view to a certain time window using Excel-style column filtering. All this also works in combination with JXL's other advanced features, such as support for issue hierarchies,  conditional formatting, or export to Excel or CSV.

I should note that JXL doesn't currently have a dashboard gadget (but will have very soon!) - however many of our customers simply use JXL sheets as "de-facto dashboards".

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Yiu Lau,

This can be easily done with our Great Gadgets app.   

One of the many gadgets that it offers is the Issue Filter Formula Gadget, which allows you to apply math formulas against the fields of the issues from a filter. Here is an example.

image.png

You can also use the Advanced Issue Filter Formula gadget to display that number along with other numbers in the same gadget.

image.png

If you have questions, please contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Regards,

Danut M.    

Suggest an answer