How to get frequent Jira Assignees to show up at top of list?

Steve Ellis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2019

I'm product owner for a team of 8. When we're doing sprint planning and I'm assigning Jiras to people, I use shortkeys like ++M for Margaret, and her name shows up at the top of the list, with the other Margarets underneath. Same for Laura and a couple others. But ++ J for John brings up all the Johns in the company, listed alphabetically, Same for Alex and a couple others. 

These 8 people are the only ones I ever assign to, so if there's frequency logic in that dropdown they should all be at the top. Is there something I can do to 'favorite' these people, or is there some update needed to their user accounts maybe? 

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Steve,

If the team of 8 belongs to a single project/your sprint only encompasses one project, you could use the project permissions and project roles to set it such that only these 8 people have the assignable user permission.

Suggest an answer