How to get developer performance report in Jira tool?

Tuğba Ayvaz November 2, 2021

I need the number of work progressed by the developer during the month and the number of bugs it has released.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2021

Hello @Tuğba Ayvaz 

Welcome to the community.

What is your definition of "work progressed"? Do you mean the issues that have been completed, or do you want to include issues where any work has been done?

For issues "completed" in the past month you can use a query like this:

project=<your project> and assignee=<the developer> and resolutondate>-30d

That will give you all the issues that have been set to a status that equates to "resolved" in the past 30 days.

If you want to know that list for issues resolved in a specific month, instead of using "-30d" you can use actual dates:

resolutiondate>"2021/10/01" and resolutiondate<"2021/11/01"

What is your definition of "bugs released"? Do you mean bugs that have been fixed, or are you talking about new bugs that have been introduced?

pooja jain April 19, 2022

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

I used this query however data wouldn’t be accurate because the assignee of each story keep on changing from developer to tech lead to tester to UAT to BSA and so on. Is there a way set the assignee to default assignee that was assigned to initially? Or do u have any other suggestions on how to pull this report ->issues done by each developer per sprint 

I really need help on this. Please!

TIA

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2022

@pooja jain 

Welcome to the community.

You could store the developer for the issue in another custom User Picker field, and base your filtering off that field instead of the Assignee field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events