How to get alter when the ticket change status,eg: changed status from in progress to code review

Renchuan Xiao October 18, 2021

For me, I need to track those tickets which just changed status from in progress to code review. But I can't add one in all tickets and track the status every moment.

It would be better if i merely can do this by making a filter. If not, it is still OK.

Many thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

Hello @Renchuan Xiao ,

Do you need to trigger this notification in real time ? Or you can use the subscription to set up email notifications.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/work-with-search-results/#Workingwithsearchresults-subscribeSubscribingtoyoursearchresults

JQL:

status changed FROM 'in progress' TO 'code review'

Renchuan Xiao October 19, 2021

Hi @Ollie Guan ,Many thanks I have succeed to track the change, but I want to order by the time when the ticket changed the status from 'in progress' TO 'code review'.

I don't know how to write JQL. It would be appreciated if you can help me.

Rolf Okken October 19, 2021

project = yourproject and status changed FROM progress to "code review" order by updated

This maybe the way.

Like Renchuan Xiao likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Hi @Renchuan Xiao ,

status changed FROM 'in progress' TO 'code review' ORDER BY statusCategoryChangedDate DESC

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Order-By-Date-when-an-issue-is-moved-to-a-specific-status/qaq-p/642313

Like # people like this

Hi @Ollie Guan 

This is my JQL: project = DEV AND status changed from "in progress" to "code review" AND status = "Code Review" ORDER BY statusCategoryChangedDate DESC

i checked the first of three, it is not order by the time when status changed. Am i write something wrong? Or May the item statusCategoryChangedDate  is not correct?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2021

Hi @Renchuan Xiao ,

As mentioned in the post in my previous link, Atlassian Team has not explained more about statusCategoryChangedDate. If you feel that the results obtained after the query are inconsistent with the expected results, you can try other methods, such as

Automation

Send email When Issue Transitioned From In Progress to In Review Then Send email to sb@xx.com

QQ截图20211020095108.png

Sort by custom field

Customize a Datetime field. When the status changes from In Progress to In Review, the system records the time, then sorts and subscribes through this field.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2021

If you need this for only yourself, you can do this as a filter subscription. If you need to set this up for many users, take a look at Notification Assistant for Jira. It's the app we make for sending emails with email templates that match your needs.

0 votes
Rolf Okken October 18, 2021

Hello Xiao,

You should implement a Projekt Automation  with the Trigger transition and send a email when is happend.

Hi @Rolf Okken ,maybe by sending a email would be better. Could you tell me more about how to achieve this?

Rolf Okken October 19, 2021

If you save a query (search for issues) the topic Details come up. The last topic off Details is subscriptions. Here you are able to define a subscribe with send you all 15 min an update of the filterresult into your mailbox.

An other way receiving Information by mail is Project Automation. Please read this before we start  to discuss this topic. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows/ 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events