How to get access to backend data when using JIRA cloud

kiranmai c May 2, 2023

Hello team,

Iam using JIRA cloud and would like to get access to the database where the data related to our system is stored. for e.g. If i have to work on a report based on the history of the ticket, i would like to be able to download the entire history of the ticket and work based on the data i get. but currently i don't have the option to download the history ...I need to use some group by functions and distinct clause which JQL doesn't support,. Kindly let me know how do i access Database when using the cloud version.

Thanks and Regards

Kiranmai.

2 answers

2 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @kiranmai c 

Currently the only way to access cloud database is via Jira Enterprise - meaning you would need to upgrade your plans to it. 

But there are a minimum number of users, so, not sure if this would help you. 

You could try to retrive data using public API

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-get

Use the expand changelog - so it will include history field. 

I hope this helps 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have no access to the Jira database on Cloud, and never will have.  

You don't want it anyway, it's the worst possible thing to look at if you want to report on Jira.  You will need to use the REST API which is far nicer to use than the database, or, if you have a premium subscription, try out the Data Lake.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events