Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to get Custom field options in Jira Server.

Edited

Hi,

Needing to get the options for custom fields in Jira Server. I am able to get a list of the custom fields and a single value for a custom field.

However, am not able to get the list of options for a custom field (customfieldID_XXXX).

I have trawled everywhere and cannot find a solution.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks.

3 answers

Hello @Tim Benton 

How are you trying to get this information? Are you trying to get it with the API or the UI?

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav Community Leader May 21, 2021

Hi @Tim Benton  Are you trying to get Field values/list of options using REST API ?

Thanks!

Hi, the REST API

This is not possible with REST API.  There is no call for this. For the customFieldOption call you have to know the id, but it is at all returned when querying an issue.

Try this workaround :- https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-retrieve-available-options-for-a-multi-select-customfield-via-jira-rest-api-815566715.html

Thanks. Is there anyway other direct way to access the fields? 

If you have jira admin permission , you can go to custom fields and check values of that custom field. 
otherwise you can see available values while creating an issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

2,786 views 7 24
Read article

Atlassian Community Events