How to find user details who changed tickets resolutions to done

Nazeeruddin Mohammed April 13, 2021

Cannot find 'resolved by' field or 'Changed by' field to know the details of users who resolved the tickets

Ex: 100 tickets resolved in year 2020 and I want to retrieve information who resolved this tickets to done

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Nazeeruddin Mohammed,

In the history tab of your issues, you can see that the information is being recorded by Jira. However, you rightfully observed that there is no readily available field that you can use for out of the box reporting on it.

There are some solid reporting tools out there that enable you to report on issue history data, but that solution comes with a cost and may be quite complex to set up.

So, if this type of reporting is important to you, you can set this up yourself by:

• adding a user picker custom field, e.g. named Resolved by 
  • defining an automation rule to update that field whenever an issue gets resolved (have a look at the automation template library for information - you'd want something along the following lines, obviously replacing assignee with your own custom field):

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 12.34.53.png

As soon as you have that in place, you will be able to report on that information easily - e.g. in Jira Dashboards.

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Walter Buggenhout  for your answer,

I need some help on automation rule As you mentioned I created a rule same as above but at end Edit issue fields Resolved by' I am unable to set with current assignee or current user

jria1111.JPG

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Nazeeruddin Mohammed,

You can do this using smart values: {{initiator.accountId}}

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 14.31.58.png 

Thank you so much @Walter Buggenhout It works now

Suggest an answer