How to find right epic link from project in Jira Cloud Add-In in Outlook

Liene December 8, 2021

In Jira Cloud Add-In in Outlook is very hard to choose Epic link from project that is chosen.

If I just click in field there are a lot of irrelevant Epics, if I write and search for Epic, that is on this project, then I get a lot with similar projects, but not one from chosen project.

It would be nice that field at least would work in same way as it works in Jira themselves.Oulook addin 1.pngOulook addin 2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Davy Van Hoey December 22, 2022

Hello  -  I don't see the EPIC LINK in when I create a JIRA ticket via Outlook

We have a company based project.

Any idea how this can be added as in your printscreen?

thanks

Davy

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2022

Hi @Davy Van Hoey 

Jira is changing Epic Link to Parent. Could you please check if you have Parent Issue field? Here's more about this change https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/upcoming-changes-epic-link-replaced-with-parent/

Davy Van Hoey January 2, 2023

Hello thanks for your feedback and my best wishes !

unfortunately the field is not working as it is only available in the Premium version

0 votes
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Liene 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

May I ask what is your CP0035 a team-managed project or company-managed? As far as I know, In company-managed projects, it's possible to choose epics from other projects but not in team-managed.

Liene December 8, 2021

It is company managed. I know, that You can see Epics from another projects. 

My problem is, that it should be a bit more user-friendly to find issues from project that I have already chosen for the issue. At least same functionality as it is in Jira it self. 

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
December 8, 2021

Thank you for the suggestion! As I understand, having them in the same order as Jira has or at least showing the current project's epics at the top would simplify the search.

We have this issue in our public tracker, feel free to "watch" it and vote. Hopefully, we'll have some updates soon

API-417: Epic name search does not give suggestions until the name is typed in fully 

Like Liene likes this
Liene December 8, 2021

Yes that would help a lot.

Jira do have problem too, at is only shows first 20 Epics, we can have 30 - 40 epics on one project... 

So do not need to follow on that. :-) 

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events