How to find out who created a sprint?

We have a sprint that has a very generic name and the tickets associated with it span multiple projects and boards.  Multiple teams appear to be claiming ownership of it, but I have not been able to find out who created the sprint.  The ticket history will tell me who added the tickets to the sprint, but now who created it.  Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi CJ,

I'm afraid that information is not stored in JIRA. I took the liberty of creating an improvement regarding this request at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11871

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,
Clarissa.

The answer from similar question (Jira Agile non-active sprint creator and created date) can give you some information.

Thanks Florjan! My results are a little troubling. The name of the sprint has changed, so I used the entitytype & entityid instead. This returned 38 results, and the earliest dated result was for a user who has no permissions to create the sprint.

I am not sure but I assume that the first entry in the "userhistoryitem" for the sprint's "rapid_view" represents the creator?

/* Find Sprint creator */
DECLARE @SPRINT BIGINT
--
SELECT @SPRINT = 5416
--
SELECT TOP 1 UH.ID, SP.NAME sprintname, USERNAME creator
FROM [My_Jira].[dbo].[userhistoryitem] UH
INNER JOIN [My_Jira].[dbo].[AO_60DB71_SPRINT] SP WITH(NOLOCK) ON UH.ENTITYID = CAST(SP.RAPID_VIEW_ID AS NVARCHAR)
WHERE SP.ID = @SPRINT;

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

67 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot