How to find open tickets till a specific date

Pranav Somani January 5, 2021

Hi ,

Needed some help in coming up with a query to find out the open tickets ( ticket status not as complete or resolved ) till November 30th , 2020 .

This is what i am trying --> 

project = PS AND status not in (closed, resolved) and updated <= 2020-11-30

but i am pretty sure that's not correct . Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pranav

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hi Pranav,

Maybe try project = PS and status was not Done on 2020-11-30

Pranav Somani January 7, 2021

this one worked perfectly fine .. thank you so much @John Funk  :)

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Pranav Somani

I think @John Funk is correct though you have the text, "til November 30th, 2020". 

Does the JQL need to include issues where the status was updated after 30th November 2020? 

If so, would this work? 

status was not in (resolved, completed) Before 2020-11-30 and status changed TO (resolved, completed) AFTER 2020-11-30

Or does this not solve the issue?

Let me know your thoughts John & Pranav,

Thanks,

Danny

the above query worked out for me but the one which you have provided will also be useful , thank you @Danny  :) 

Like John Funk likes this

Also had a manual check on the query you provided and works correctly pulling out the tickets which were resolved after 30th Nov.

Like Danny likes this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Glad you got it sorted @Pranav Somani 

Let me know if you need any further support. 

0 votes
Bojidar November 25, 2022

Small correction: for me it did not work properly with the keyword status, but it work fine with the keyword resolution.

This did not work properly (the set of tickets was simply not correct): project = 10012 and status WAS NOT Done on 2022-11-26 and created <= "2022/11/26" and type = Bug

This worked: project = 10012 and resolution WAS NOT Done on 2022-11-26 and created <= "2022/11/26" and type = Bug

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events