Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to find Issues with Merged PR

I'd like to find all open issues that have a merged PR in order to find tickets that might have been forgotten to be resolved and therefore will probably ship to production untested.

JQL has the two terms `development[pullrequests].open` and `development[pullrequests].open`, but unfortunately no means to filter out `declined` PRs. So when I do `status not in (Closed, Resolved) AND development[pullrequests].all > 0 AND development[pullrequests].open = 0`, I will get both issues with `merged` and `declined` PRs. I'd like to only get the ones with `merged` PRs.

Is that possible somehow? If not, could this be added to JQL?

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
anton Atlassian Team May 13, 2019

Hi @Fabian Ehrentraud 

For Jira Software Server 7.8+ you can find the full list of available development fields here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-fields-reference-939938743.html 

To find all the issues only with merged pull requests I recommend using the following filter:

development[pullrequests].merged > 0 AND development[pullrequests].open = 0 AND development[pullrequests].declined = 0

nice that `merged` now exists! but i'd not filter for `declined = 0`, because it could be that 2 PRs were created for a ticket, one declined and one merged, and these tickets should still show up.

@anton How do you do this in Jira Cloud? When I try to use development[pullrequests].merged > 0 I get the following error.

For "development[pullrequests]" use "development[pullrequests].all" or "development[pullrequests].open"

Like Ahmad Salah likes this

@Tony Sullivan The list of fields available in Jira Cloud is different from Jira Server. 

As of May 2019, Jira Cloud doesn't support development[pullrequests].merged field.

Here is full search reference for Jira Cloud - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/advanced-searching-developer-reference-967312910.html

@anton Do you know if the merged field is on the roadmap for Jira Cloud ?

Like # people like this

@Anton it would be very nice to have development[pullrequests].declined and .merged in Jira Cloud.  Any ETA?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Fabian Ehrentraud,

It seems like this behaviour matches what is described on the following feature request (this is the Jira Server version):

JQL Entity Property for Pull Request Status

If that's the case, feel free to comment on the feature request to share with the Jira team the use cases for this request.

Cheers,
Caterina - Atlassian

Thank you, that indeed looks like a feature request for what I try to do. Too bad that it is not possible yet.

Thanks Fabian for commenting on the feature request. Really appreciated!

Having status property is a should have feature,
I guess atlassian removed it for a purpose

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,308 views 22 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you