How to filter calls by assignee.

Jt Legg January 12, 2021

My company uses Jira as our ticket system.

Our specific group all work the Jira tickets together. Currently to notate a call in the system it requires the ticket to be under the "logged in" assignee. I can see how many calls each ticket obtains, however i have been unable to narrow it down by which assignees logged calls on each ticket. Is there a built in sort, or JQL query that might assist with this?

We would like to be able to see who is initializing work on the tickets as well as resolving.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Jt Legg 

for parts of the requirement you could check if the "Two-Dimensional Filter Statictics Gadget" is capable of supporting you - probably by a well-thought through filter, it might need further tweaking to show the specifics you're after.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-720416991.html

At least I can confirm the Assignee is supporting the "WAS IN" operators, so you should be absolutely be able to do statictics of some kind on the assignee:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver085/advanced-searching-fields-reference-981157468.html#Advancedsearching-fieldsreference-AssigneeAssignee

Regards,
Daniel

Jt Legg January 13, 2021

Thank you i will look into it to see if we can try to make it work.

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

@Jt Legg 

It depends how the project is design. Default setup....If the person who logged the call, is the person who is the reporter of the ticket and if the person who is resolving is the last assignee. Then you can filter by reporter for initializing the work and the assignee for resolving the work. If you need another field, you can add another user field to the project to indicate who did what on the ticket. Then filter by that field.

Hope that helps.

Jt Legg January 12, 2021

Thanks for the fast response. yeah unfortunately we have the reporter, who created the ticket, then we want to track the first person to actually do any work on the ticket as well as who finally resolved the ticket. we may have to go with the another assignee field or something.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

You welcome. The good thing is Jira is flexible and there's usually add-ons that would suit your needs further. 

Suggest an answer