How to fetch all options from a Custom Field via JIRA REST API

Sai Avinash Duddupudi February 3, 2021

In my Jira namespace, while creating a ticket, there is a CustomField dropdown called Client which has some options as shown in the below image.

I am not able to find a way to fetch these options in the dropdown via JIRA REST API.

Can someone please suggest how to get it?

Bbv8mjW

2 answers

0 votes
Abdul Qadir May 15, 2023

@Sai Avinash Duddupudi do you find any solution for this problem? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021
Sai Avinash Duddupudi February 3, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-   Thanks for the quick reply.

the id for the above client dropdown is customfield_12345

Can you pls tell how to retrive the fieldId and contextId so that I will use the same in the API call to fetch the field options?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Same place, but the line above is "issue custom field contexts".  You might want to check "projects" in the same area.

Sai Avinash Duddupudi February 5, 2021

did not understand...... can you be more specific?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2021

You will need to use the custom field context calls, as documented in the link I gave, to get the context for the custom field you are querying the contents of.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events