How to exclude parent issues in jql?

Agata Puchalska December 21, 2021

Hi I have a JQL filter:

project = "MARKETING 2021" and issuetype = Epic and status not in (done) and "Parent Link" IS NOT EMPTY order by Due asc

and I would like to add to it that the epics' parent initiative should not be included in PIN-973 theme. (We use themes, objectives and initiatives).

Can someone help me with that? :) 

2 answers

1 vote
Agata Puchalska December 23, 2021

Hi @Lance Bennett yes I am using initiatives as epic parents. The thing is: I don't want to exclude 1 parent initiative but all initiative that are child issues of all objectives that are child issues of 1 theme. So basically I want to exclude 1 theme and not an initiative.

Lance Bennett December 23, 2021

You could include another saved filter into your JQL. You might even need to reference two other filters due to your multiple levels of hierarchy. For example, create a saved filter showing the list of tickets you want to exclude.

project = "MARKETING 2021" AND issuetype = Epic AND status not in (done) AND "Parent Link" IS NOT EMPTY AND filter!=123456 order by Due asc

0 votes
Lance Bennett December 21, 2021

What issue type are you using the for the epic's parent? If you're hierarchy is Initiative > Epic > Story then you shouldn't see the Initiatives.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events