How to exclude Epics from Version report ?

Abinash Deepak September 28, 2022

When I try to check the Version report in JIRA, it shows the Unestimated Issues as a %. But these unestimated Issues are just the Epics which doesn't have an estimate of their own - All the tasks in the epics are estimated and the burndown looks fine.

But when I try the Version report, it keeps showing these epics as unestimated. So, I have the following questions:

1. Why are we expected to estimate the epics separately when the tasks in the epics have  the estimates ?
  2. Is it possible to exclude some items from the Version report - like epics ? and only include the tasks ?

Screenshots below:
JIRA Version report - Unestimated issues.PNGJIRA Version report - Unestimated issues - Epics.png

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Do your epics have the Version field set? If so removing should prevent that. 

Abinash Deepak September 28, 2022

Well, if I remove the Version field of the Epics, the tasks don't appear in the Kanban board which is filtered based on Version numbers and this is a query which we don't want to change as it used by multiple teams. 

Question is the basic assumption - Does anyone estimate the Epics separately at all ? Why is this not considered in the Version report ?

Like Kimberly Phillipp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events