How to enable user to drag and drop (rank) issues on Kanban

Alexander Makarovsky December 8, 2022

Hey!

Guess it would be simple. We're running a Kanban board with issues collected from multiple projects. Mainly to manage the order of issues for each assignee. 

I'm an administer user and I can drag and drop issues up and down within a column which we named "backlog" with all open tasks assigned for particular developer. I need another user to be able to do the same, but he can't drag and drop within a column, though he can move to another column which triggers status change.

The question is what setting should I use to grant such permission? Apart from making the user a jira admin? I guess it's changing a rank and has something to do with permission schemes for projects but can't figure out what exactly to look for. 

Running 8.7.1

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Hi Alexander,

Make sure the user has the schedule issues permission and the permission scheme on the project.

Alexander Makarovsky December 9, 2022

thanks @John Funk ! If I have like 70 projects, I should check each, right? Again the board where I need the user to change the order of tasks from backlog collects issues from those 70 projects

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2022

Correct.

Alexander Makarovsky December 12, 2022

@John Funk 

Streamlined this through permission scheme (luckily we had the same for most projects).

Thanks!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Great! Glad you found a solution. 

Suggest an answer