I have a tasks created in Jira.
I also have user stories connecting tasks. These are 1-2 liner statement saying something like "As a user I want to do X, so that I can achieve Y"/
1) Is it correct to say that the right way of linking tickets is to connect Epic with Story, Story with Tasks? If not, what is the correct way?
2) What should I write in the Description section for a story? The Summary section of the Jira ticket would already cover the required detail ("As a user...")
3) How could I connect different set of tasks with different set of stories? How can I track the progress of the story?
4) How can I connect Stories with Epic?
5) How can I selectively share my Jira tickets with other team members?
Please let me know.
Hi Shubham - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Here are my answers:
1) Yes, this is the correct way.
2) The user story text should go in the Description field, not the Summary. The Summary should be a short card title for the work to be done.
3) You can link any number of tasks to a story. However, there will not be updates as to % complete, etc.
4) Go to the Story and place the Epic you want to link to in the Epic Link field.
5) What do you mean by selectively share? You can implement Issue Level Security to hide certain issues from certain users.
You can learn more about that here:
Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events