How to embed a filter in a portfoliochildissuesOf query

Sander Voskuilen June 1, 2022

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a JQL filter in which I want to show all of the Epics connected to all of the Initiatives available in a Portfolio project.

I did this in Jira Server, but now my client is on Jira Cloud and the functionality doesn't work anymore. In Jira Server we had the option issuefunction with Scriptrunner. But this now as standard in Jira Cloud Premium with the JQL portfoliochildissuesOf. And Scriptrunner for Cloud doesn't offer this functionality anymore.

1. I've created a filter with the following JQL:
  2. project = Portfolio
  3. Which resulted in all of the initiatives in the Portfolio project. This project only has initiatives.

4. Named the filter 'All_Initiatives'.
  5. Now I'd like to embed this filter within the 'portfolioChildissuesOf' function in Jira Cloud. But from here on it gives me trouble.

These are the JQL queries I tryed so far:

• issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf("filter = 'All_Initiatives'") AND issuetype = Epic
  • issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf("filter = 'All_Initiatives'")
  • issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf("filter = All_Initiatives") AND issuetype = Epic
  • issue in portfolioChildIssuesOf("filter in ('All_Initiatives')") AND issuetype = Epic

It all resulted in an error: "Unable to find an issue with matching key filter in ('All_Initiatives')"

I can't find an answer to this specific question in order threads.

What do I miss?

Thanks in advance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders