How to easily see all tasks linked to a Story?

Deleted user February 27, 2023

In line with agile we are creating Epics then story(s) which attach to the Epics and then Task(s) for each of the story.

There doesnt seem to be simple way to see this in the user interface. Which seems odd to me.  What am I missing?

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2023

Hi @[deleted]

welcome to the community!

There's a few ways to do that:

• Jira Work Management's list view should show your issues in their hierarchy, however it only works for JWM projects.
  • If you have Jira Premium, Advanced Roadmaps will give you such a view.
  • Lastly, there's a number of hierarchy-focused apps on the Atlassian Marketplace that provide such view. I myself happen to work on such an app, in which your use case would be trivial to achieve; I'll provide more information below.

Best,

Hannes

Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2023

Just to expand on the last option: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be easy to do in the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for issue hierarchies. You are really looking for the "default hierarchy" in Jira, so showing your issues in this hierarchy is a matter of just a click:

default-hierarchy.gif

It's worth noting that JXL can do much more than that: From support for (nested) issue grouping, to sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

As said before, there'll be other apps in the Atlassian Marketplace that can help with this. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you!

Best,

Hannes

0 votes
Answer accepted
Madhu_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2023

Hi @[deleted] 

Welcome to the community !!!

If you would be interested in a mktplace app, to get a tree view of your issues, you can try out our add-on.

Issue Hierarchy Reports 

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Epic Hierarchy - Gadget - Summary.PNG

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2023

Hi @[deleted] ,

Choose query criteria according to your needs, for example

issueLink = ok-44 and issuetype = task

Advanced search reference - JQL fields

• Epic link
  • Issue link
  • Issue link type

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-fields/

Deleted user February 27, 2023

Thanks! It looks like I have some more homework. I am a simple front end user currently and not sure how to work with queries

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events